When there is a requirement to hide the internal servers from the buyer for security reasons, one must make use of a reverse proxy server. It can either be a web server or an application server. A reverse proxy server is installed in the same network as the server and acts as a shield for the server or servers in the network. Although there is a request from the Internet to one of the servers, it first passes ended the proxy. The proxy then either deals with the request by itself or sends it across to the various internal web servers. And in the later case, it makes use like stuff balancing. Thus a reverse proxy server takes care of in-bound traffic to the server/servers.
Advantages of using a reverse proxy server:
* The server is protected from malicious internet attacks, consequently increasing the strength of the internal network.
* When the reverse vote server is configured to handle caching therefore the workload of the server will decrease. Due to this state a reverse proxy server tin be regarded as a ‘server accelerator’.
* The SSL encryption container be handled by the proxy itself.
* The reverse proxy can distribute the load to the different servers in the circuitry and thereby increase productivity moreover reduce the turn around time.
* If the requested footboy is big, it can raken produced and given to the recessive alternate server which can thereupon spoon-feed it to the client little at a time. The server needn’t remain tied up during that process.
* The echo from the server can be optimized besides compressed by the proxy before passing it to the client.
Whenever there is a need for controlling the access to the network of servers ampersand to handle load balancing of the servers, it is beneficial to configure a reverse proxy server.